TrailO European Championships; Victories of the PreO against Spain and Sweden
The 2022 PreO European Champions are Alejandro Aguilar Lara, Spain in Class P and Jens Andersson, Sweden in Class O. A tough course on Day 2 produced significant changes in the order of results compared to Day 1.
One exception was the P-class (Physically Challenged) Spaniard, who won both days convincingly and finished 2 points ahead of anyone else, a stunning result from someone relatively new. at TrailO. Sweden’s Michael Johansson, 2014 champion, took silver, and bronze went to Vladyslav Vovk of Ukraine.
In the O (open) category, several members of the overnight leading group made mistakes that caused them to drop down the results list. In the end, four competitors had 52 points in total over the two days, with timed times deciding the order of the medals. Jens Andersson used 90 seconds in total here, an exceptional effort compared to most others’ times. Pinja Mäkinen of Finland was 24 seconds faster for the silver medal; Andersson and Mäkinen are seasoned competitors with many past medals. Eighteen-year-old Tobias Biering of Denmark, who has looked like a promising medal contender for some time now, clinched the bronze medal.
No rest days in this event – the next step is the TempO competition, with qualifying in the morning and the final in the afternoon. More details on www.etoc2022.com.
Main results – Preo global (Day 2 position in brackets)
- Jens Andersson SWE 52 points + 90 seconds (4)
- Pinja Mäkinen FIN 52 + 114 (1)
- Tobias Biering DEN 52 + 201 (6)
- Janis Ruksan LAT 52 + 255 (2)
- Arno Grønhovd NOR 51 + 65 (12)
- Antti Rusanen FIN 51 + 122 (8)
- Alejandro Aguilaar Lara ESP 48 + 140 (1)
- Michael Johansson SWE 46 + 132 (3)
- Vladyslav Vovk UKR 44 + 427 (6)
- Pavel Dudik CZE 44 + 626 (2)
- Soren Saxtorph DEN 42 + 197 (13)
- Ola Jansson SWE 42 + 295 (14)
Detailed results are available at www.preoresultat.se.